Sunday, December 25, 2011

White Christmas

"White Christmas" is an Irving Berlin song reminiscing about an old-fashioned Christmas setting. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the version sung by Bing Crosby is the best-selling single of all time, with estimated sales in excess of 50 million copies worldwide. Following its prominence in the musical Holiday Inn, the composition won the Academy Award for Best Original Song. In the film, Bing Crosby sings "White Christmas" as a duet with actress Marjorie Reynolds, though her voice was dubbed by Martha Mears.



I'm dreaming of a white Christmas 
Just like the ones I used to know 
Where the treetops glisten and children listen 
To hear sleigh bells in the snow 

 I'm dreaming of a white Christmas 
With every Christmas card I write 
May your days be merry and bright 
And may all your Christmases be white 

 I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment